This dairy-free parmesan cheese has a nice texture with that cheesy and salty flavor you've missed. It requires minimal work and ingredients!
Slivered almonds- you could use cashews, as most recipes do. I prefer slivered almonds over cashews because cashews have a more prominent flavor. I feel that the almonds don't stand out as much.
Sesame seeds- are light in flavor, very nutritious and give a nice texture.
Coarse kosher salt
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don't use or trust. Thank you for your support.
Dairy-free parmesan cheese can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for a few weeks but it's preferred to store in the refrigerator. This will prolong its shelf life, since nuts contain oils in them and oils spoil. Storing them in the refrigerator will prevent the almonds from going rancid and make them last for up to 3 months.
Try with these dishes!
Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
The BEST Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce
Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- to ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt see notes
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Coarse kosher salt measures differently than finer salts. If you are using a finer salt, try using less and build up to your taste.
- If using a coarse salt, start out at ¼ teaspoon. If you like a saltier "parmesan" add up to ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt.
Note: The nutrition label is only an estimate. Amounts may vary.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!