I think one of the most exciting cuisines, next to French cuisine of course, has to be Greek. It consists of all the things I love such as olive oil, wine, vegetables, grains, fish and fresh herbs. The food is simple yet intricate in the flavors that pair so well with one another. This easy Greek Salad is the perfect example!
Can I also just throw out there that I really am a sucker for a salad that is full of color, light, refreshing and wholesome! This salad is easily one of my favorites!
Ingredients You'll Need
Romaine lettuce- you can use iceberg if you'd like but I always prefer romaine because it is crunchy, crisp and, most importantly, a POWERHOUSE of nutrients. Thats the biggest difference between these two types of lettuce. You can read more about it here.
English cucumber- they're just my favorite! You can of course use any regular cucumber
Green bell pepper
For the Dressing
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Tips for Making an Easy Greek Salad
- Use more or less of what you like or don't like
- For example, I love a good amount of olives. If you aren't a fan, use less!
- If you don't plan on eating the whole batch, only toss your salad in some of the dressing because once stored in the refrigerator with dressing, the lettuce will get soggy
- Add a little bit of dressing at a time and toss as you add more. Some people like more or less salad dressing. You can choose to be in control of how much or how little goes in your salad
Easy Greek Salad (Dairy Free!)
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped about 4 cups
- 1 english cucumber chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- ¾ cup kalamata olives whole
- ¼ medium sized red onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Start by washing your produce and then chop as directed above
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together
- Whisk together the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette
- If you don't plan on finishing all of the salad, only put the dressing on what you're eating. Refrigerated lettuce that has dressing on it will get soggy
- Pour in the dressing a little at a time and shake in a serving bowl with a lid to evenly coat the salad. Use more or less dressing as desired
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!