This chocolate banana milkshake is so decadent and sweet you'll forget that it's actually good for you! With only 3 ingredients, it is quick and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can feel good about drinking it and you sure won't want to stop. Milkshake cravings just got real fast and simple!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Frozen bananas- make sure they're extra ripe before you freeze them! The more ripe, the sweeter it will be. So this is very important!
- Almond milk
- Cocoa powder
How Is This Chocolate Banana Milkshake Healthy?
Bananas- they are full of important nutrients! They contain nutrients that moderate blood sugar levels, support heart health, contain powerful antioxidants, could help digestive health and may help keep you full for longer
Almond milk- Homemade is best! It's low in calories and sugar (if using store bought, choose unsweetened and check ingredients/labels) and it's high in vitamin E
Cocoa powder- rich in polyphenols which are naturally occurring antioxidants, may reduce high blood pressure and good for blood flow and brain health
How to Make a Chocolate Banana Milkshake
Place the frozen bananas in a high-speed blender and blend until the bananas are fairly smooth but still has chunks.
Slowly pour in the almond milk and let the milkshake get completely smooth with no lumps of banana remaining. You may need to stop and scrape the sides as needed
Add in the cocoa powder and blend until it's well incorporated
Toppings or Add-ins
- Peanut butter
- Chopped nuts
- Melted dairy-free chocolate
- Dairy-free whipped cream
- Coconut cream
- Crushed Oreos
Chocolate Banana Milkshake
- 2 overripe frozen bananas medium
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Add the frozen bananas to a high-speed blender and blend until fairly smooth with chunks still remaining
- Pour in the almond milk and blend until completely smooth and no banana chunks remain. You may need to stop and scrape the sides
- Add in the cocoa powder and blend until it's well incorporated