Whether you like oatmeal or don't like oatmeal, whether you want a natural, healthy and sweet dessert, or a healthy breakfast choice, this Chocolate Baked Oatmeal is for you!
This oatmeal is sweet and cake-like, but uses wholesome ingredients that are nutritious and filling, so really you can eat it at whatever time of day your body is craving it. Because it will crave it.
Ingredients You'll Need
Rolled oats- if you are gluten free, make sure they are labeled gluten free because cross contamination can occur
Ripe banana- make sure it's pretty ripe! The browner, the better! This is because the darker the banana, the sweeter it will be. I like to use them when they're nice and speckled!
Baking powder will help give a little bit of rise
Cacao powder is less processed than cocoa powder, but you can absolutely use cocoa powder!
Pure maple syrup- 100% pure maple syrup is a little bit lower on the glycemic index than cane sugar and provides some antioxidants and minerals. It should still be eaten in moderation, but it's a winner over cane sugar!
Pure vanilla extract
Natural peanut butter that is unsweetened and the only ingredient is the peanuts (and possibly a little salt! The brand I use is linked below and does contain a small amount). You can also use your choice of nut butter
Unsweetened almond milk
Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
Pinch of coarse kosher salt
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don't use or trust. Thank you for your support
Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- pinch of coarse kosher salt optional
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- oil for spraying ramekins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a blender except for the salt and chocolate chips.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spray two 4 ounce ramekins with oil. Pour halfway with batter in each ramekin and add some chocolate chips. Cover with more batter and top with more chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Let cool and enjoy!
**Note: nutrition label is just an estimate, amounts may vary depending on products you use. Chocolate chips and added salt is not included in this nutrition label*