This fall harvest salad is the perfect fall salad that's nourishing and filling. It's got a lot of different textures from nuts and seeds, to crisp apples and soft sweet potatoes. It's light, crisp, refreshing and sweet. This salad makes for a beautiful centerpiece at any gathering and is sure to satisfy.
This fall harvest salad pairs nicely with my vegan butternut squash pasta for a fall festive meal.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don't use or trust. Thank you for your support.
Kale or your choice of fresh greens.
Apple slices- I like to use gala but any sweet apple will do.
Pumpkin Maple Vinaigrette
Pumpkin puree- not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling. You just want 100% pumpkin puree.
Pure maple syrup- make sure to use 100% pure maple syrup and not a typical pancake syrup. Those usually contain additives and extra sugars.
Dijon mustard- a good quality dijon mustard really makes a difference! I love to use the Grey Poupon brand.
Protein- chickpeas or grilled chicken would go really nicely in a harvest salad!
Fats such as avocado, non-dairy feta or sliced almonds.
Grain- a tricolored quinoa would be a nice carb substitution for the sweet potatoes.
Roots like radishes and beets.
Vegetables such as red onions.
Fruit like pomegranate, pears, dried cherries or butternut squash (which, yes, is technically classified as a fruit).
Apple cider vinegar- if you don't have any, just use fresh lemon juice.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
If you try this Fall Harvest Salad, please leave a review and let me know if you enjoyed it! Also, snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thedairyfreemenu
Fall Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Maple Vinaigrette
- 4 cups chopped kale or your choice of fresh greens
- 1 gala apple thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Pumpkin Maple Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove grated
- Start by peeling a sweet potato and chopping it, no bigger than 1 inch chunks. Toss it in a little bit of oil just to coat and season with your choice of seasonings. I like to sprinkle on some coarse black pepper. Roast it in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes until nice and crispy.
- Slice an apple into chunks or thin slices, whichever you prefer.
- Roughly chop some pecans.
- Add some chopped kale into a large serving bowl and assemble all the ingredients.
- Begin preparing the pumpkin maple vinaigrette by adding all the ingredients in a small dish and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad bowl and set a plate or lid on top. If using a plate, handle with caution and hold the bowl and lid tightly together so you can shake the bowl to evenly coat the salad contents with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
**Note: Nutrition label is just an estimate. Amounts may vary.