Slightly sweet, with the right amount of savory and just a touch of saltiness calls for the perfect creamed corn. Traditional creamed corn usually contains milk or cream, butter and sugar, and sometimes you'll see cream cheese added. It's even pureed into a quite soupy mixture. But this vegan creamed corn takes a twist without sacrificing flavor or texture.
You can make it as a side dish to serve for family dinners or make it ahead of time in big batches for a potluck! You just might even want to make extra because it's hard not to go back for more!
Ingredients You'll Need
Corn that's frozen or canned
Almond milk- try my go-to homemade almond milk to really up level your dishes from the store bought version!
How to Make Vegan Creamed Corn
Start by melting your butter over medium heat in a medium sized pot
Grate the garlic in with the melted butter
Whisk in the flour
Add in the almond milk a little at a time while constantly whisking to ensure that no lumps form, and turn heat up to medium high so that it will thicken
Once the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, add in the remaining ingredients and mix well
Allow the corn to cook for a few minutes, until warm and ready to serve
Vegan Creamed Corn
- 15 oz frozen corn can used canned
- 2 tbs non-dairy butter
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium sized pan
- Add in grated garlic cloves with the melted butter
- Whisk in flour
- Slowly add in the almond milk while continuously whisking, to ensure that no lumps form, and turn the heat up to medium high heat
- Once the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, add in all remaining ingredients and mix well
- Allow the corn to cook for a few minutes until warm and ready to serve!