This Strawberry Walnut Salad is light, refreshing, and bursting with flavor. It's perfect for spring and summer weather and convenient for healthy meal prep.
I think salads are easier to eat when they have different flavors and textures. That's why I also love this Dairy-Free Chopped Greek Salad. I feel so healthy and nourished after eating it, and it's so delicious. Make sure you try it next!
❤️Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Quick: You can throw this salad together in about 8 minutes!
- Healthy: It's packed with nutrients and antioxidants.
- Delicious: Arugula, spinach, red onion, and strawberries pair well together. These flavors give spice, sweetness, refreshment, and savoriness.
- Easy to meal prep: Prep the salad and dressing the night before, store them separately in the refrigerator, and you have a quick lunch to grab the next day.
- Versatile: Add your choice of protein like grilled chicken, roasted turkey, or tofu to make this salad a complete meal.
- Baby spinach and baby arugula mix: I love the taste of arugula because it has a peppery flavor that pairs well with the bright and sweet flavors. Fresh spinach has a more mild flavor that's slightly sweet and refreshing. The blend of the two brings a nice balance.
- Red onions: They add a beautiful pop of color, and have a peppery/spicy flavor. Red onions are great for salads!
- Toasted walnuts: Toasting them releases natural oils, which enhances their nutty flavor. It also improves their texture by making them extra crunchy!
- Strawberries: Try and find some that are darker in color, but still look nice and fresh.
- Baby spinach and arugula: You can also use arugula or spinach alone, instead of using a mix of both. Chopped kale would also work fine.
- Honey: Pure maple syrup or agave works too.
- Olive oil: Avocado oil is a good choice in place of olive oil.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lemon juice also works well in place of ACV.
There are a few ways you can add protein and various textures to this salad. Here are just a few options:
- Grilled chicken
- Roasted turkey
- Hemp seeds
- Vegan feta: My Vegan Feta recipe is tangy, cheesy, and full of bright and savory flavors. It's a good source of protein and a great addition to this salad.
🔪How to Make a Strawberry Walnut Salad
- Start by toasting your walnuts in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Either use an oven-safe stainless steel pan or a baking sheet.
2. In a small dish, mix the ingredients for the dressing.
3. Mix all of your salad ingredients into a bowl or salad plate and mix in the dressing. The perfect way to mix the dressing evenly is to put the salad in a bowl with a lid and shake it up for about 10 seconds.
This salad is best enjoyed fresh, but if you choose to refrigerate it you can store it in an airtight container overnight. I recommend storing the dressing and salad separately.
- Slice the onions thinly: I recommend slicing the onions as thin as possible so you don't get big bites of raw onion.
- Don't skip toasting the walnuts: Toasting them brings out their earthy and nutty flavor, and makes them extra crunchy!
- Store extra salad without the dressing: Storing salad with its dressing will make the lettuce soggy after some time. For the best quality and texture, store the dressing and salad separately.
⭐️Before you go! If you enjoyed this recipe for my Strawberry Walnut Salad, leave a review and share it with me! I love to hear from you.
Strawberry Walnut Salad
- 1½ ounces baby spinach and baby arugula mix
- 2 to 3 sliced strawberries medium
- ⅛ cup thinly sliced red onion or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons honey or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Start by toasting your walnuts in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small dish, mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Mix all of your salad ingredients into a bowl or salad plate, and mix in the dressing. The perfect way to mix the dressing evenly is to put the salad in a bowl with a lid and shake it up for about 10 seconds.
- For extra protein, top with grilled chicken, roasted turkey, or tofu!
- ⅛ cup is half of ¼ cup.
Note: The nutrition label is only an estimate. Amounts may vary.