The inspiration for this Salmon Avocado Salad came from an elegant Italian restaurant that I accidentally brought my husband, niece and nephew to while on a small vacation. The flavor combinations are incredible. So, I had to recreate it myself.
This salad I ordered was the most delicious salmon salad with a lemon vinaigrette. I paired it with a nice glass of pinot Grigio, and it was one of the most blissful dinner experiences I've had.
Spinach leaves or fresh kale can be used in this recipe.
Walnuts- Use sliced almonds, pecans or even pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts.
Honey or even pure maple syrup will work as a sweetener.
- Make the salad in a large bowl with a lid or a large plate that will fit over it. Snap the lid onto the bowl after pouring the dressing in, shake to evenly coat the salad mixture and then serve. If you are using a plate, set the top of the plate against the bowl and very carefully, squeeze the plate against the bowl and lightly shake to combine.
This salad is a single serving and is best eaten fresh the same day. Otherwise, the spinach leaves will wilt from the dressing and not be as fresh. If you do store it in the refrigerator, keep it in an airtight container and eat within a day.
The Best Salmon Avocado Salad
- 4 ounces salmon filet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ½ avocado sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes oil drained
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons oilve oil extra virgin
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse pepper
- Start by seasoning the filet of salmon with coarse salt and pepper or any other seasonings of your choice such as garlic and onion (fresh or powdered).
- Add a little olive oil to the bottom of the pan and cook the filet top side down, over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes and then flip, cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette by juicing one lemon, add some extra virgin olive oil, honey, grated garlic and salt and pepper. Mix together well and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, assemble the spinach leaves sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and sliced avocado. Slice the filet of salmon and add on top.
- Drizzle on desired amount of the lemon vinaigrette dressing.
**Note: Nutrition label is just an estimate, amounts may vary** Does not include salad dressing in label**