The perfect beverage to go with breakfast, to drink on a hot summer day, or really any day, is of course a smoothie! This one is a mixed berry smoothie and it's the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness.
Smoothies are the perfect way to get a variety of fruit in just one glass. They're so quick and easy to make, but most importantly they are so good for you!
- Frozen mixed berries are said to be among the healthiest foods on earth. To name just a few reasons, they are high in antioxidants, fiber, nutrients and they have strong anti-inflammatory properties!
- Frozen banana instead of fresh! Using a frozen banana will aid in the creaminess for the perfect consistency smoothie. Also, make sure your banana is ripe before freezing because this is what makes the smoothie perfectly sweet!
- Almond Milk- If you're using store-bought, it's best to use unsweetened. This smoothie is naturally sweet and really doesn't need any extra sugars! Try out this homemade almond milk recipe to make this smoothie even better!
- Unsweetened Plain Coconut Yogurt
Place all of your fruit and yogurt in the blender.
If you like a thicker smoothie, or even a smoothie bowl consistency, you can slowly add the milk in starting with ½ a cup of the almond milk.
Slowly add ¼ cup more at a time as you blend on low speed.
If you like thinner smoothies, you can add in all of the almond milk and blend on low speed starting out.
Pour for 2 and enjoy!
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
- Place all your ingredients in the blender.
- Start out blending on low speed and then increase the speed once the bigger chunks are broken up.
- Pour for 2 and enjoy!
- If you like a thicker smoothie, or even a smoothie bowl consistency, add the milk slowly. Start out with ½ cup and blend on low speed, adding ¼ cup more at a time.
*Note: Nutrition label is only an estimate. Amounts may vary.