This Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes like fall in a mug. It's creamy, luscious and deliciously indulgent with the added benefits of quality ingredients.
If you're looking for more healthy and delicious hot beverages, try my Vegan Hot Cocoa! It's so addicting that my husband always requests that I make a double batch. Or try my Vanilla Matcha Latte. It's sweet and creamy with an earthy flavor!
- Cashew milk: Cashews may promote weight loss, blood sugar control, and heart health. You can read more about it here.
- Pumpkin puree: Pumpkin is good for your eyes, heart, immune system, and more.
- Pure maple syrup: It contains a few minerals in measurable quantities, and is rich in antioxidants. Maple syrup has also been found to lower cholesterol in mice, as well as prevent inflammation of the liver. Lastly, it may promote brain health. You can read more about the benefits of pure maple syrup here.
- Pure vanilla extract: It's said that vanilla extract could help reduce the need for added sugar, might benefit brain health, have anti-inflammatory properties, and antioxidant effects. Read more on it here.
- Cashew milk: Or your favorite tasting plant-based milk.
- Pumpkin puree: Not pumpkin pie filling! You want to use 100% pumpkin puree.
- Pure maple syrup: Make sure to use one labeled 100% pure and not just your average flavored pancake syrup. Those typically contain added sugars and ingredients.
Also, you could serve this drink with cold coffee over ice to make it an iced pumpkin spice latte.
- Cashew milk: You can really use any plant based milk that you enjoy the taste of. Some good options would be oat milk, coconut milk (from the carton) or even almond milk.
- Pure maple syrup or honey are good options for sweeteners.
- Coffee: If you aren't a coffee drinker but want to enjoy this latte, try a common coffee substitute like Dandy Blend tea. It's really good for you and if you brew it strong enough, it tastes like coffee. I enjoy Dandy Blend a lot myself, but read the reviews on Amazon for yourself to see what others have to say!
🗒How to Make a Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- In a small pot, whisk the cashew milk and all ingredients except the coffee, coconut cream, and vanilla.
2. Bring the mixture to a light boil for about a minute while whisking. Then turn off the heat and add the vanilla. The mixture should be thick and creamy.
3. Pour over the coffee and top with the coconut cream or dairy-free whipped cream.
⭐️Before you go! If you enjoyed this recipe for my Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte, leave a review and comment down below to share it with me. I love to hear from you!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup homemade cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice see notes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup strong hot coffee
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy whipped cream
- In a small pot, add some almond milk and all ingredients except the coffee and vanilla.
- Whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
- Bring the cashew milk to a light boil for about a minute while whisking. Then turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla. The mixture should be thicker and creamy.
- Pour over the coffee and top with the coconut cream or dairy-free whipped cream.
*Note: Nutrition label is only an estimate. Amounts may vary.