These Healthy Dairy-Free Pancakes are sweet, fluffy and delicious. They are made with ingredients you can feel good about such as oat flour and pure maple syrup as the sweetener. It's a delicious and healthier alternative to classic pancakes, and you won't even feel like you're missing anything. Top with a slice of your favorite vegan butter and a little bit of pure maple syrup.
What Makes These Healthy Dairy-Free Pancakes Healthy?
- Oat flour- To name a few reasons why oat flour is best: it's high in fiber, protein, healthy fats including omega-3s, it's great for heart health, can lower cholesterol, decrease blood pressure and help keep you full for longer.
- Cinnamon- Might help lower blood sugar levels.
- Almond milk- Almond milk is low in carbs/sugar (if you're buying from the store, use unsweetened and check the ingredient list), and it's high in vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant.
- 100% pure maple syrup- It's lower on the glycemic index than table sugar and contains antioxidants, but should still be eaten in moderation.
- Eggs- they are high in protein, vitamins, minerals and have multiple antioxidants that are great for your health.
Healthy Dairy-Free Pancakes
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- In a high speed blender, blend the oats until they are ground into a flour.
- Sift the oats into a mixing bowl and discard any oat pieces that did not get ground up.
- Sift the rest of the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- The batter will be very liquidy at this point. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to thicken. The longer it sits, the more it will thicken.
- Scoop out ¼ cup of pancake mix onto a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Flip the pancake once air pockets or "holes" form in the pancake and heat on the other side until the pancake is cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favorite tasting vegan butter and pure maple syrup.
Note: The nutrition label is just an estimate. Amounts may vary.